Brookhaven Country Club is in Farmers Branch, Texas. Founder Robert H Dedman Sr. began construction this historical country club on November 11, 1957. Legendary golfer and famous Texan, Byron Nelson, served as Chairman of the advisory board during the club’s construction.
There was so much excitement leading up to the grand opening of this club. In an article found in the Carrollton Chronicle dated 1958, plans to book the famed Lawrence Welk and his TV Orchestra were in works for the grand opening. Also, in 1958, the club had already claimed 1,900 members, they had anticipated more than doubling that number by the time they were to open. The original goal of this club was to be a home away from home atmosphere. Mr. Dedman desired to focus on golf and make membership affordable.
In 1960, on Easter Sunday, Brookhaven Country Club open her doors and held her long awaited grand opening. At the time of her unveiling, Brookhaven Country Club held the prestigious title of the world’s largest and finest golf club of that time.
Today, Brookhaven Country Club remains thriving and continues to be a very large part of North Texas’s lives. For generations this country club continues to grow and change with the time and family’s needs. Despite her impressive titles and history, this full-service country clubs remains affordable as far as country clubs go.
The neighborhood surrounding this club is gorgeous and has always been a beautiful addition to this club. For over 60 years this corner of North Dallas, Texas has continually been an area that is in high demand. If you would like to see homes in this area, please contact Texas Pride Realty.
Today these are the amenities Brookhaven Country Club has to offer.
AT BROOKHAVEN COUNTRY CLUB, YOU’LL FIND:
• Three full-featured 18-hole golf courses, capturing all levels of play
• Extensive programming for all levels of play in both golf and tennis, taught by industry professionals
• 37 Tennis Courts (including climate controlled/covered, outdoor and clay courts)
• 4 Pickleball Courts
• A full-service athletic facility
• Lighted racquetball courts
• A child development center
• Day camps in the summer and weekend/weekday babysitting by appointment
• Extensive children’s programming
• Supervised Childcare at The Treehouse
• Three swimming pools
• Social and dining facilities
• Golf outings
• Drive Zone Facility
• Private party and business meeting services
• Named the Best Family Club in Dallas and one of the Best Values, Avid Golfer, 2014, 2015 and 2017
• Named one of the Best Country Clubs in DFW, Avid Golfer – 2011, 2013 and 2014
Want to live in the great town of Farmers Branch? Follow this link from Texas Pride Realty.